Thursday, June 10, 2010

EconNews Roundup

CBT says it has revised its year-end inflation forecast, except that it is not CBT's expectations... Terrible mistake on my beloved newspaper's part, but to defend them, they seem to have got it from Anatolian News Agency.

Corporate fraud on same level in Turkey and Europe: But it is intra-company fraud the piece is talking about. To me, it kind of seems obvious, especially since the companies in the sample seem to be multinationals. So this kind of disproves the claim that Turks are inherently unethical, I guess... It's the system, baby...
New employment draft law: I will have to wait a bit before I comment on that, as I need to read the thing first...

Construction sector employment down 4.3% yoy: Tough to explain, as the piece notes. Luckily, I have a couple of friends in the sector, to whom I can talk to. Let's see what they will have to say.

No comments: