Friday, June 25, 2010

Appreciating the Readers (II): What is this Blog Good For?

Here's another reader comment:
Could we have a bit more mainstream macroeconomic reporting and comment please -- or am I an economic simpleton who has stumbled into a party for professional bankers and financial services industry people?
No, you are not! As George Costanza would say, it isn't you, it's me! Let me elaborate:

This question is related to my own question marks about the nature of this blog. The problem is that I try to cater to professional economists following Turkey, and I have readers in places like the IMF and RGE. But at the same time, I would like people untrained in Economics (but interested in the Turkish economy nevertheless) to follow my blog. In addition, I would like to give my Turkish readers a summary of global developments, through my own lens, with my Interesting Picks.

And that's only my reader attraction goals! I also would like to use the blog for my own archiving purposes so that I can easily access to my articles or find a paper I liked/would like to read.

With so many goals, it is normal that there will be articles of very different scope here. I admit that my Interesting Picks will be interesting for mainly economists and finance professionals, but all my official writings in Forbes and Hurriyet Daily News & Economic Review are bound to be much more mainstream- if you don't find them that way, let me know because they need to be.

I am also willing to answer mainstream questions in the blog, and I have done so quite a few times, the latest being Wednesday's answer to the question on current account deficits.

1 comment:

Blogger said...

There's shocking news in the sports betting industry.

It has been said that any bettor needs to look at this,

Watch this or stop betting on sports...

Sports Cash System - Robotic Sports Betting Software.