Thursday, April 21, 2011

Why I am voting for the CHP

I am at the Dalaman Airport, waiting for my flight to Istanbul and reading the CHP's Economic Manifesto.

I am impressed! There are parts I don't like, and a few that need clarification, but it is overall way ahead of the AKP's economic agenda, not in terms of promises but solid economic analysis.

So the CHP has made me eat my words, i.e. the last sentence of my last Daily News column.

And loyal readers would know that I am no CHP fanatic; in fact, I am not a fan of anything except my beloved Besiktas. And as some readers will remember, I have been a staunch critic of some of their policies, leading one fanatic to insult me blatantly once.

But I have to render unto the CHP what is the CHP's and that's why I will be voting for them in June; if I didn't, I would not be able to call myself an economist. And I definitely need to do a column on their economic policies soon, although it may have to wait until the following week, as I already wrote next week's column...
Sent by BlackBerry Internet Service from Turkcell

2 comments:

Oguz Erkol said...

CHP politikaları gerçekleştirilse kamu dengesindeki değişim nasıl olur sizce?

Emre Deliveli said...

Gec cevabim icin ozur dilerim, son birkac gun cok yogundu, simdi de sabah erkenden son birkac gunde biriken emailleri temizliyorum.

Degindiginiz nokta cok onemli. Bugun veya yarin ustunkoru blogumda deginecegim. Ama asil gelecek hafta Daily News yazimda partilerin ekonomi programlarini karsilastirmayi dusundugum icin orada daha detayli bakacagim.

Bu arada blogunuzu cok guzel yapmissiniz, elinize saglik...

Saygilar,

Emre Deliveli