Thursday, July 30, 2009

Interesting Picks

My first attempt to revive interesting picks failed miserably. Here's another shot before I leave for vacation:

A summary of of the crisis measures of the EU member states. This might make for an interesting Hurriyet article.

How is as important as when- when it comes to the Fed balance sheet

The much-touted-for debt-for-equity is actually an old idea from Islamic finance.

With the crisis, traditional forecasting is out. But we knew that already...

Some more crooks, this time on the online FX scene.

Paper with elegant (at least according to me) model that links market liquidity and traders' funding liquidity.

Why is supply and demand so confusing? If you don't want to read the whole thing: It's movements along the curve versus shifts in the curves.

WSJ ranking of top Economics blogs. I generally agree with their list, although FT Alphaville should have been there (it isn't for obvious reasons). Anyway, I have my own list as well.

No comments: