Saturday, July 4, 2009

EconNews Roundup

Great editorial from the Daily News on where the economy is headed. In less than 500 words, the article touches many of the issues I've been writing about for a long time. As for banking, it definitely looks good on the 1Q statistics, but so would I if I were getting money for nothing, and bonds for free:)

Some unconventional views from an unconventional economist. I should say I share many of his views. In particular, the savings rate camp is acting as if this is a question on a macro midterm.

Roubini on the Turkish economy. However, at this point, it'd take a lot more than him to convince the PM of the virtues of a sound fiscal framework.

While the yearly inflation edged up slightly, the Bank is expected to continue to cut rates. However, we may get another 50bp after Erdem Basci's comments on Wednesday that there is still room for easing.

Last but not least, it is the rise of the geeks. As an economist, what made me thinking is the discrepancy between the Software Developers Association's numbers and the official figures on software exports.

No comments: