Thursday, July 23, 2009

For tourism the bells toll

As I always say, a picture is usually worth more than a thousand words:

But this time around, a little bit of explanation is needed as well:

At first sight, the small yearly fall (-1.3%) in incoming tourists in June may not look that bad. But when you look at the yearly changes in the previous Junes, the picture gets uglier:

Of course, what I am wondering (and too lazy to do) is to see how this compares to global trends. This is in fact another topic I am thinking about covering in my Hurriyet column, and if I do so, you are sure to get some comparative statistics.

So what's the moral of the story? If a picture is not worth a thousand words, two pictures definitely are:):):)

2 comments:

eren said...

Finally a post I could follow :) Not that I don't follow your jokes on other posts.

Emre Deliveli said...

Thanks for the comment; this means I should try to write in a simpler language; after all, this blog should be readable by non-economists as well. BTW, I am sorry you have to put up with the tasteless jokes:):(