Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Final (AND MOST IMPORTANT) question on blogger appreciation day

The blogger appreciation day is almost over, so let me cut to the chase with the most important announcement/question you'll ever see from me in this blog:

My aunt is having an aneurysm operation at the Baskent Hospital in Altunizade on August 3, and we are desperately looking for blood donations on August 2 and 3. We need a total of six people, and so far I am the only donor, so we have a long way to go.

She is 0RH+, but even if you are not and would like to help out, there is a possibility:A blood exchange with the hospital is possible, but we won't know for sure until August 1.

By the way, it seems the current system of blood donation, whereby each patient and hospital is to its own, seems to be extremely inefficient. But I have not done any mechanism design since the first year of graduate school, so maybe Al Roth and his Turkish sidekicks could write a paper on this similar to their seminal kidney one.

Anyway, please contact me via this blog or via email if you are willing to part with some of your blood at the beginning of August, and I will call you to explain the details.

As a footnote, in case you are wondering, I have already donated my organs, to the eziks:
So I am hoping some eziks will help me out:):):)

No comments: