Thursday, October 7, 2010

Documentation of the so-called Liveblogging

My planned live-blogging from last week's Global Economic Symposium did not go as live as I had intended it to be (although I did tweet laboriously during the conference), partly due to my busy schedule and partly due to the fact that this being my first time, I was not very efficient with interviewing people- though I did manage a superb expert interview, more on that later.

In fact, I am only starting to put down my notes into blog format now as a result of illness and travel AND prolonged illness due to travel... I should be done by the end of the weekend...

As loyal readers would know, I usually keep my delayed posts in the original dates for archiving purposes. But since I have 5 or 6 six posts, I will make an exception this time around and use the dates I am posting instead. So you'll see the posts over the course of the next three dates...

And as I noted in my announcement, these posts are for Bertlessmann Stiftung, a German think-tank, so they will be posted on their web site first. But I'll post them to this blog as well soon after. I will post separately on each of the sessions I attended as well as my interviews with two experts. When I am done with all, I will write a separate post summarizing the sessions as well as my take on them. This will also be the topic of my Hurriyet column next week- or the weak after if I decide to write on the Economist Wars next week. Curious?- you'll just have to wait, but as a spoiler, I can say that it is about Turkey's sovereign ratings and the disagreement among economists over this matter...

No comments: