Thursday, November 6, 2008

Reads of the day

I know this is starting to sound like Forrest Gump, but IMF cuts back growth forecasts, again...

The guy has finally gone insane.

I know what conference I am attending to at the end of May if wine gets hit by depression.

Call me mad cap, but I am somehow not surprised at all by the Fed's latest announcement. FT Alphaville elaborates.

Zubin Jelveh compares the performance of different methodologies used to forecast the US presidential elections. Prediction markets seem to have fared much better than either economic models or polls.

While the consensus view is dollar strength, there are also some signs of easing demand for USD, if you know where to look (even if you don't buy the arguments, some of the sources of info. mentioned are noteworthy).

Rebecca Wilder argues convincingly that pre-existing lines of credit are driving consumer and firm borrowing in the US.

No comments: