Monday, December 6, 2010

Hurriyet Daily News schedule for the next few weeks...

Now that this week's column is over, I can look towards the future- future columns that is... Here is what I have in store for the next few weeks:
  • December 13: Burnt by the winter sun / Winter Heat- taking cues from the cold weather hitting Turkey, I want to explain that the economy is heating. I plan to discuss the most recent data, i.e. Wednesday's October Industrial Production and Friday's 3Q GDP as well as the latest leading indicators such as confidence indices and PMIs.
  • December 20: Four PIGS and a Turkey: A Modern-day La Fontaine tale- I would like to explain possible contagion channels for Turkey from the PIGS and more generally from Europe. This was supposed to be today's column- blog follower Kursat had suggested it, and it looked like a great idea. But I just had to do the WikiLeaks this week, and next week, I will need to strike while the iron is hot, i.e. talk about growth right after the release of October Industrial Production and 3Q GDP.
  • December 27: Last column of the year, and it is Christmas, so some light reading is in order: Reader babadog from the Daily News web site was suggesting I write about the reliability of TurkStat official statistics. That might be a good idea.
  • January 3: First column of the year, so my 2010 report card, i.e. how my predictions fared.
  • January 10: My predictions for the Turkish economy for 2010.
I will probably not be able to stick to this schedule. Either I will come up with a brilliant!!! idea like this week, or some terribly Economics news will force beg column space... But it is useful to at least try to plan ahead...

And as I said before, any suggestions would not be only welcome, but also highly appreciated...

2 comments:

Rower32 said...

January 10: My predictions for the Turkish economy for 2010.

January 10 for 2010 predictions?? It's like the Time announcing the person of the year after new year's. C'mon man! :)

Emre Deliveli said...

Yeah, yeah, that was supposed to be 2011, sorry:)

But other than that, I don't think 10 days into the year isn't all that bad for announcing my 2011 outlook for the Turkish economy. And I am not Time, you know:), so I think it should be OK:)...