Sunday, December 19, 2010

Non-economics book by economists

By Dani Rodrik and Pinar Dogan:
If you don't know Turkish or the background, Dani and his wife Pinar have written about the inconsistencies in the Ergenekon case, for which Pinar's father Cetin Dogan, a retired army general, is being tried.

I intend to devote this blog to matters of Economics only, so I will not share my valued! thoughts on the matter. But let me say one thing: When I mention to people about their blog, where they have been sharing their findings for some time, the most common complaint I get is that it is impossible for them to be objective on this matter. Why I do agree with the reservations, anyone who has followed their blog regularly can confirm that they carry on their scientific objectivity. I know this did sound like President Abdullah Gul vouching for the Kayseri mayor accused of corruption a day after saying that he is impartial and cannot comment on such matters, but still.... Have a look at the blog and decide for yourselves; there are quite a few posts in English.

BTW, I plan to read the book once it is published in the next few days, and I am thinking about writing a review then. And there goes my "economics-only policy" down the garbage drain:)- so much for being resolute and principled:):):)

BTWW, there is more info about the book on the publisher's web site. And if you want to buy it, they have contact info. on their web site as well.

No comments: