Saturday, December 18, 2010

New Kid on the Block

I just found out that Haluk Burumcekci, chief economist of Fortis Turkey and ex-Referans columnist, has joined the short (but hopefully of high-caliber) list of Hurriyet Daily News & Economics Review economicsa columnists.

I kind of knew that he was getting on board; just didn't know when, but I am glad it is sooner than later, although he beat me to the 2011 forecasts- I probably will not be able to write mine for another 3 weeks or so. Anyway, he will be writing Fridays. With me on Monday, academic Erdogan Alkin on Tuesday and market economist Haluk Burumcekci on Friday, I believe we have quite a good mix. If it were up to me, I would have guest columnists for the remaining two days, and we would be all set....

BTW, if you speak Turkish, Haluk Burumcekci has an Economics blog in Turkish...

No comments: