Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Topic for next week's Hurriyet column

As I mentioned at the end of the previous post, I have been quite a few reader comments of late, which I have yet to address. But before I do, let me jot down what I am thinking about writing for next week's Hurriyet column:
  1. Is the Turkish economy overheating?: An analysis of the most recent data, like capacity utilization, PMIs, consumer confidence and the like. I am not leaning towards this that much, as I did a similar piece long ago and so loyal readers already know what I think about this issue (YES, it is overheating).
  2. Potential of contagion from Europe, esp. PIIGS, to Turkey: That would be a very timely column, obviously.
  3. Reader babadog from the Hurriyet website suggested I write of the reliability of Turkish statistics. I promised him a blog post on that issue, and if for some reason, I decide not to tackle the contagion issue, this would be a very good topic. But I am more or less leaning towards doing the contagion next week and leaving statistics to either the following week or Christmas.
Anyway, I usually wait until U.S. market close on Friday to decide on a topic, so if you would like to suggest a topic as well, please by all means, go ahead...

8 comments:

kursat said...

Contagion effect of a crises would be a nice topic to talk about. Touching upon herding might also be considered. I do not yet believe fear of contagion is good enough to explain bailing out Greece. Anyways, sure enough it will be interesting to read the possible effects on Turkey. looking forward to it..

Emre Deliveli said...

Hi Kursat;

Thanks for the suggestion. And I have a question for you. When I )or someone else for that matter) respond to a comment you wrote, such as this one, do you automatically get notified by the comment?

A reader was mentioning he does not. I do, but that may be because I am the blog owner, so I would like to know how this works out for you...

Unknown said...

I did not use my google account when I was commenting so I do not get the notifications. I was just using name/URL option. For this post I am using my gmail account. Let's see how it works. Can you please just reply back to see If I am getting notifications.

Unknown said...

I have just realized the option of email followup comments. Ok it should work out

Emre Deliveli said...

I am glad it worked out fine, Rower32... But still, you are 100% right on Wordpress... As I explained in my Twitter message, I am waiting to hear from Daily News on that...

Rower32 said...

cureshot<>Rower32 :)

regards,

Emre Deliveli said...

OK, sorry; got confused... But do you get the notifications, Rower32?

Emre Deliveli said...

Great!!!

BTW, it was really so idiotic of me not to see that Kursat is just pronounced cureshot:) Well, sometimes, the brain just stops running:):):):):)