Friday, November 12, 2010

Addendum to latest post

It has been only a few minutes since I posted on yesterday's CBT MPC, but an addendum is already needed: I just got a research note saying that CBT has hiked the reserve requirement to 6 percent, bringing it to the pre-crisis level. As I mentioned in the post, I was expecting it this morning, as that's how the Bank usually operates...

Interestingly enough, the move seems to have been announced before I posted, but there is still nothing on the Bank's web page. Neither did I receive an email from them, although I am on their automatic email list- I have no idea what's going on...

Anyway, further hikes in the reserve requirement may be in the pipeline, at least until credit growth slows down a bit...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Once again, NO substantial economic analysis, at all. Mostly just quotations from the original sources.
You are becoming more and more boring, my friend... But I guess it does continue to boost your ego, doesn't it?
Happy "bayram" to you!

Emre Deliveli said...

Once again, since I am not sure you'd get my answer if I posted here, I wrote it in the blog:

http://emredeliveli.blogspot.com/2010/11/open-letter-to-unhappy-customer.html