Tuesday, March 1, 2011

A short absence

Today, Blogspot got banned in Turkey again after two and a half years, again because of LigTV parent company Digiturk's rows with illegal broadcasts of live matches from blog sites. While Digiturk is right in principle, the solution is not to limit access to thousands of blogs, including that of your friendly neighborhood economist, to prevent access to a handful of sites.

Those of you following my blog from abroad will hardly notice anything, but I can not access my own blog to post anything, other than via email, at the moment. As a result, I will not be able to post in the next couple of days or so. However, I will be implementing a solution, either through changing my DNS settings, or through VPN, so I should be back soon... Obviously, I cannot do anything about my readers who live in Turkey and do not know how to get by the ban, but what they can do is to cancel their Digiturk subscriptions, like I will do as soon as I head home...

1 comment:

Mrs. McCarthy Juan said...

TODAY I GOT MY DESIRED XMAS LOAN AMOUNT $520,000.00 FROM A RELIABLE AND TRUSTED LOAN COMPANY. IF YOU NEED A LOAN NOW EMAIL CONTACT drbenjaminfinance@gmail.com

Hello, I'm here to testify of how i got my loan from BENJAMIN LOAN FINANCE(drbenjaminfinance@gmail.com) I don't know if you are in need of an urgent loan to pay bills, start business or build a house, they offer all kinds of loan. So feel free to contact Dr. Benjamin Owen he holds all of the information about how to obtain money quickly and painlessly without cost/stress via Email: drbenjaminfinance@gmail.com

Consider all your financial problems tackled and solved ASAP. Share this to help a soul right now THANKS.