Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Battle of the Bear Stearns has-beens

I have carried over to my blog RBS analyst Tim Ash's argument that Turkey is underrated (or maybe it is the other way around, i.e. the peers are overrated), by the rating agencies. It turns out Suna Reyent, who writes at Seekinghalpha and is a former Bear employee like Tim, beat him by a few months: Her article back from January is touching on the very same issues that got Tim kudos in Turkey.

Although I do not agree with some of Suna's points (as the principal author of a World Bank report on higher education, I can testify that Turkey does have a really poor education system, for example) and believe that the Turkey ratings are not way off the mark, I would still highly recommend her article for a neat discussion of some of the key issues on the ratings debate (and more).

No comments: