Monday, January 31, 2011

Roubini Post: Houses of BRIC and MIST

This post already appeared in Hurriyet Daily News this week; Roubini Global Economics Emerging Markets EconoMonitor is just republishing it, but I just wanted to cross-link for the readers who might have missed it the first time around...

There is also an large addendum over at the blog, which includes some additional points I couldn't fit into 600 words. And it turns out the timing of the article couldn't have been better: Jim O'Neill/Goldman Sachs Asset Management published today a strategy paper titled, "It is Time to... Re-define Emerging Markets", where they explain their thinking about the MIST. Since it just dropped to my mailbox, I have not had a chance to read it yet, but I'll do so soon and plan to do a blog post about it, which I will probably submit to RGE Economonitor as well.

No comments: