Saturday, January 1, 2011

The "bright idea" is a go-go....

It has been less than a day since I posted my bright idea, and I got half a dozen expats willing to contribute, and several others told me that they really liked it, except my perennial spammer, who used it as another opportunity to "prove" that I have no economic analysis and an inflated ego. 

I'll deal with her later; she is at the very bottom of my priority list, but I just wanted to announce that given "the interest", I'll go ahead and give the blog a try. I'll probably get a Blogger address, since it works with a gmail account. Wordpress is supposed to be better, and I am thinking about migrating my blog there myself, but Blogger should be sufficient for our purposes.

But I also need to find a blog name: expatsinturkey.blogspot.com, anexpatinturkey.blogpsot.com or something like that. I would really appreciate if you could post your name suggestions as a comment to this post (or email them to me if you'd like). After all, it supposed to be your blog, not mine. 

By the way, before I go any further, I need to make two important disclaimers to clarify some issues that came up in the comments/emails by potential contributors:

1.  Once I set the blog, I will not post anything, other than the first inaugural post: I will just grant access to those willing to contribute. All you would need to do would be to send me a gmail address (other email addresses may work, but you will need to get a Blogger account if you don't have a gmail one) where I can send you an invitation to join. If you don't want me to know who you are either, you can just get a generic gmail address and use it. Other than that, I will be the administrator to make sure everything flows smoothly and people like my perennial spammer are kept out- I don't mind her on my blog, but I would not want her to spoil someone else's:):):). But I am no expat, so I will not contribute. You will. In other words, you get to decide what to include and what to omit (XXX your company if you would not want to be identified) in your posts, so I don't risk accidentally disclosing someone's identity.

2. I am sorry for having given that impression, but the blog is not supposed to be a complaints board on Turkey. You are more than welcome to tell about bad experiences, as long as they tell about your experiences living here. But + or neutral comments are as welcome as well. The idea is just to recount interesting experiences.

As Forrest Gump would say, that's all I have to say about that! I am looking forward to your blog name suggestions....

No comments: