Thursday, May 6, 2010

EconNews Roundup

US investment in Turlkey may recover next year: I am just linking this to remind everyone of ABFT's excellent report on the Turkish reform agenda.

Speaking of reform, urge on reforms from ex IMF rep: The points he raises, such as labor reform, are very similar to mine when I decided to tackle Turkey's stagnating reform agenda, first for the Daily News, then for Risk Advisory Group. As I have repeated many times, Turkey's priority reform agenda is well-known; the problem is finding someone to implement it.

Greece's defense spending: So are they saying that, like the end of the Cold War, did Turkey have Greece spend their way into bankruptcy?:):):)

IPOs on the horizon: Note that there is an argument that these IPOs could be hit by the political tensions. While I don't subscribe to that argument in full, contrary to what some claim, politics has been a driving force on Turkish assets in the last couple of years, but only when tension has risen significantly. Moreover, the international climate has increased the chances of a road accident.

Moody's downgrades Finansbank: The importance of being Greek...

3 comments:

L'├ęconomie turque said...

Hi,
i have a request from you if it is ok with you.
can I quote from you (what you are writing here) in my blog? and maybe,translatesome of your articles into french?i find them very interesting.offcourse i will put a permanent link to your page and put your name and your link everytime i talk about you.
regards

Emre Deliveli said...

Hello;

I am glad to see that there is now a blog in French about the Turkish economy.

Feel free to quote me or translate my articles anytime you wish.

Best,

Emre

Blogger said...

eToro is the ultimate forex broker for beginning and pro traders.