Friday, May 21, 2010

Another brief interruption about to end...

I was away from blogging for almost two weeks; first because of the never-ending moving and then due to a never-ending cold.

I feel better now, at least enough to clean the several hundred emails that have amassed over the course of the last few days, and as soon as I am done with that, I will return to blogging. First step will be archiving my Hurriyet columns. I should be in full blogging mode by Monday, but until then, I am in construction mode:

Upps, that's the wrong sign, but who cares:)....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am beginning to think that your blog in getting less and less serious and increasingly more similar to the hollow conversations one tends to hear in local coffee houses. Fine, if this is what you are aiming at...

Emre Deliveli said...

Thanks for the comment, but I am sorry to hear you feel that way.

However, I would disagree, as you don't tend to hear inflation targeting, fiscal rule and the like in local coffee houses- unless the local coffee house is next to an Econ. department of course.

I agree that I squeeze in a hollow conversation from time to time, like the post you commented on. But if I were to write serious stuff in a serious tone all the time, I might as well head to a bank as an economist and make decent pay, at least.

The most important thing is that I enjoy myself writing this blog. I also hope that it is a breath of fresh air from the monotonous economics writing out there. I am aware that I cannot please everyone all the time, and that some, like yourself, will be turned off by this way of writing. But I at least hope that you (plural) will stick around for the non-hollow stuff...

BTW, I just can't help but ask: Are you a f3n3vbahc3 fan?:)

Again, thanks for the comment...