Friday, January 29, 2010

Shameless Advertising (again)

In this blog, I am careful not to advertise anyone's product.

I broke that rule over the summer with an exception to Turkey Data Monitor, which I find to be such an essential product that I am using it in the Macro class I am teaching this semester at Ozyegin University.

I decided to break the rule again with Research Turkey, a yahoo group that is basically a sharing ground for foreign research reports about the Turkish economy. I have recommended this group to those starting to know the Turkish economy, especially if they don't speak the language. But now I have a strong reason to recommend it in my blog. I just found out that the group is now requiring a small (no amount specified) donation to the following Turkish charities/NGOs: Açev, Çekül, Eğitim Gönüllüleri Vakfı, Mehmetçik Vakfı or Bedensel Engellilerle Dayanışma Derneği.

These are all legit and hughly respected organizations, so you can be sure your cash will be put to good use.

BTW, neither TDM nor Research Turkey asked me for any advertising...

No comments: