Thursday, September 24, 2009

New Kid on the Block

In addition to the weekly columns and special analytical pieces, I also work towards improving the Econ. section of the paper as an external (and sometimes internal) consultant. One of my short-term goals is to find quality columnists; for some time, I have been trying to get someone with significant markets experience. This is for my own benefit as well; once we have someone who concentrates on markets, I can turn on to more hard core Economics stuff I am more interested in rather than having to deal with currencies, rates and the like, issues on which I get a lot of reader (but not much writer!) interest.

I finally persuaded my friend Kaan to write a column for the paper, which appeared last week. It is a thoughtful piece on the current euphoria that should serve as a harsh wake-up call. I share thoughts with Kaan a lot and he is one of the few people that convince me that I am not insane in thinking we are living in yet another bubble, albeit a much smaller one than the one in 20o6. So I highly recommend his piece.

I am not sure Kaan will turn this into a regular weekly piece (I am sure the editorial would love him to, I am not sure he has the time), but I hope so, as I've found a guy who will more or less say what I would have said, and I don't have to lift a finger:)....

No comments: