Friday, October 23, 2009

Construction finally completed, blog open for busines...

I finally managed to find a couple of hours to archive the remaining couple of dailies I did at the IMF-World Bank meetings as well as last two week's regular weekly (Monday columns). If you follow me from the paper, you already saw these, but in any case, I should remind once again that comments are always required, never appreciated (or was it the other way around):)

Speaking of comments, one of my readers told me, on condition of anonymity, that he was at a meeting with bank CEOs recently and the financial center project was mocked upon. It is nice to know that I am not that crazy or pessimist after all....

As for my articles on the Fund's new face and clothes, I should say that after conversations with friends in the Fund and a bit more reading, I am even more convinced that we'll be seeing huge changes before the next Annual Meetings. But I should add that I bring up the issue with economists I trust, only to find that they are extremely pessimistic, and some of these guys are ex-Funders. The good thing is that if the Fund fails to deliver, there won't be much of a disappointment.

No comments: